Directly Affected: Pipeline Under Pressure weaves together the stories of people impacted by the Trans Mountain Pipeline Project, the broken National Energy Board review process used to approve the pipeline, Canada’s commitments at the Paris Climate Talks and the innovators working towards the low-carbon economy.
- Feb 11, 2018 Uniting the Salish Sea | VIMFF | North Vancouver, BC Feb 11, 2018
- Feb 16, 2018 The Change I Want to See | VIMFF | Vancouver, BC Feb 16, 2018
- Apr 3, 2018 Courtenay, B.C. — Community Screening Apr 3, 2018
- Apr 8, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. — The Cultch Red Carpet Screening Event with Special Guests Apr 8, 2018
- Apr 13, 2018 Powell River, B.C. — Community Screening Apr 13, 2018
- Apr 22, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. — Earth Day Screening at The Rio Apr 22, 2018
- Apr 28, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. - The Rio Theatre Apr 28, 2018
- May 3, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. - The Rio Theatre May 3, 2018
- May 4, 2018 Haida Gwaii - Masset — Community Screening May 4, 2018
- May 5, 2018 Haida Gwaii - Skidegate — Community Screening May 5, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Victoria, B.C. — Special Screening Event May 9, 2018
- May 10, 2018 Qualicum, B.C. - Community Screening May 10, 2018
- May 22, 2018 Directly Affected: Pipeline Under Pressure - Parliament Hill - Ottawa May 22, 2018
- May 23, 2018 Toronto, ON. - Special Screening Event May 23, 2018
- May 25, 2018 Salt Spring Island, B.C. — Community Screening May 25, 2018
- May 29, 2018 Salmon Arm, B.C. — Community Screening May 29, 2018
- May 30, 2018 Kamloops, BC - TRU International Building, Room 1015 May 30, 2018
- May 31, 2018 Vernon, BC - Schubert Centre May 31, 2018
Get updates about Directly Affected events, screenings and important messages from our friends.
5 years ago, Vancouver filmmaker Zack Embree set out on a mission: to understand the impacts of the Kinder Morgan pipeline on local communities and give a voice back to those who had been ignored by the National Energy Board process.
He interviewed residents affected by the 2007 inlet drive spill, and covered the protests on Burnaby Mountain - and journeyed to First Nations communities such as Fort Mackay, Alberta to witness the impacts of fossil fuel extraction, to New Brunswick where many of the energy workers are from, as well as to France for the Paris Climate talks.
What he found was a growing storm of opposition from all walks of life and confusion over Prime Minister Trudeau’s climate plan - how to achieve it while building a major oil pipeline?
News & Updates
Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers observed targeting “Liberal swing ridings” with staged rallies, billboa… https://t.co/uGJUuAX63q
It all started when…
Directly Affected: Pipeline Under Pressure was created by two Vancouver-based filmmakers, Zack Embree, former frontline addictions worker turned documentarian and Devyn Brugge, Vancouver-island born Capilano University Film and Global Stewardship studies graduate. The filmmakers witnessed that significant concerns in their communities were sidelined by the National Energy Board pipeline review process that began in 2014.
The film project was initially given life as a short Telus STORYHIVE funded film in 2014 when the public voted to fund the filmmakers as part of a community television funding contest. Additional funding was provided by LUSH Cosmetics, Patagonia, the VanCity Office of Community Engagement and from our generous backers on Indiegogo.