Directly Affected: Pipeline Under Pressure weaves together the stories of people impacted by the Trans Mountain Pipeline Project, the broken National Energy Board review process used to approve the pipeline, Canada’s commitments at the Paris Climate Talks and the innovators working towards the low-carbon economy.
- Feb 11, 2018 Uniting the Salish Sea | VIMFF | North Vancouver, BC Feb 11, 2018
- Feb 16, 2018 The Change I Want to See | VIMFF | Vancouver, BC Feb 16, 2018
- Apr 3, 2018 Courtenay, B.C. — Community Screening Apr 3, 2018
- Apr 8, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. — The Cultch Red Carpet Screening Event with Special Guests Apr 8, 2018
- Apr 13, 2018 Powell River, B.C. — Community Screening Apr 13, 2018
- Apr 22, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. — Earth Day Screening at The Rio Apr 22, 2018
- Apr 28, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. - The Rio Theatre Apr 28, 2018
- May 3, 2018 Vancouver, B.C. - The Rio Theatre May 3, 2018
- May 4, 2018 Haida Gwaii - Masset — Community Screening May 4, 2018
- May 5, 2018 Haida Gwaii - Skidegate — Community Screening May 5, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Victoria, B.C. — Special Screening Event May 9, 2018
- May 10, 2018 Qualicum Beach Civic Centre May 10, 2018
- May 25, 2018 Salt Spring Island, B.C. — Community Screening May 25, 2018
- May 29, 2018 Salmon Arm, B.C. — Community Screening May 29, 2018
- May 30, 2018 Kamloops, BC - Clocktower Alumni Theatre, TRU May 30, 2018
- May 31, 2018 Vernon, BC - Schubert Centre May 31, 2018
Get updates about Directly Affected events, screenings and important messages from our friends.
5 years ago, Vancouver filmmaker Zack Embree set out on a mission: to understand the impacts of the Kinder Morgan pipeline on local communities and give a voice back to those who had been ignored by the National Energy Board process.
He interviewed residents affected by the 2007 inlet drive spill, and covered the protests on Burnaby Mountain - and journeyed to First Nations communities such as Fort Mackay, Alberta to witness the impacts of fossil fuel extraction, to New Brunswick where many of the energy workers are from, as well as to France for the Paris Climate talks.
What he found was a growing storm of opposition from all walks of life and confusion over Prime Minister Trudeau’s climate plan - how to achieve it while building a major oil pipeline?